West Moors has had a Town (formerly Parish until 27.02.2020) Council for over 60 years. West Moors Town Council is the elected body of the parish and consists of twelve members representing the Civil Parish. As a Council they meet 12 times a year at the Pavilion, Fryer Field on Thursdays.
The Council employ a Town Clerk, an Assistant to the Town Clerk and five other part time employees.
The Town Council office is located at 4 Park Way and is open to the public on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.00am. and 2.00pm. (except for bank holidays). The office is also open on Saturday morning between 10.00am. and 11.00am. when you can meet your local Town Councillors.
West Moors Town Council areas of responsibility include:
- The administration of Fryer Field recreation area which includes a sports pavilion, a multi use games area (MUGA), football pitches, skatepark and children's play areas.
- Administration of West Moors Cemetery located in Priory Road.
- Administration of the Petwyn Village Green located in Station Road.
- Administration of Allotments located at Gulliver's Farm
- Provision of some street furniture including benches, bus shelters, entry signs into the area.
- Consultation on all planning applications within the parish boundaries.
- Provision of small grants to local organisations.
- Liaison with Dorset Council with regard to rights of way and footpaths.
- Management and operation of CCTV covering the Fryer Field and MUGA area.
- Compliance with The Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
If you are not happy with the service provided by the Town Council we have a Complaints procedure